Appendix : Causes, Treatment, Diagnosis, Symptoms
The appendix locates at the intersection of the large intestine and small intestine. It is a thin tube around four inches long. Typically, the appendix locates at the lower right abdomen.
If the appendix starts to burst, then symptoms certainly get worst.
Generally, the appendix does start with a normal fever, pain close to the belly button and loss of appetite. The pain will increase at a rapid speed and ultimately it will remain constant. After the commencement of stomach pain, motion sickness and from time to time gagging may follow.Appendicitis disease is not hereditary that is it is not causing due to a genetic disorder and it is not contagious that means it does not spread from one person to another.
An impasse at the lining of the appendix which results in infection is the probable reason of appendicitis. The bacteria grow very quickly, producing the appendix to grow into swollen, irritated, and filled with fluid. If it will not be treated immediately, then the appendix will be a breach.
This disease occurs when the appendix gets blocked either by a foreign body or by stool or by cancer. The blocking may be occurring from contamination.
Appendicitis saw in pregnant women also. That time diagnosis is quite critical because there the pregnancy activities are present. If you will do late in diagnosis then it may cause serious complications. During pregnancy, you will get a fatal loss if you are getting appendicitis. The treatment of appendicitis is same in both pregnant women and non-pregnant one.
If there is an obstacle seen in your appendix, then bacteria can be increased inside the organ. This will increase the quantity of pus formation in that part. And it will make appendix painful.
It’s complicated work to identifying or detecting appendicitis. The symptoms seen in appendicitis are normally unclear and very similar to the symptoms of some other disease such as infection of urinary tract, gastritis, problems in the ovary, intestinal infections, Infection of urinary tract or bladder etc.
We can identify the disease appendicitis by some medical tests such as CT scan, blood test, urine test and ultrasound etc.
The typical symptoms of appendicitis are:
- The very first sign of Appendicitis is Pain nearby the belly button part or in the upper abdomen and lower right abdomen.
- Swelling and puffiness of Abdomen.
- It will be Incompetence to release gas.
- Normal Fever will be seen.
- Losing of appetite will be seen.
- Vomiting or sickness will start just when the abdominal pain will start.
- It may cause your urination painful and may be difficulty in passing urine.
- It may cause Spartan convulsions.
- It may cause diarrhoea or constipation in the stomach.
- You will suffer from diarrhoea.
- You will get a feeling like you might feel better afterwards fleeing stool.
If you are getting the above symptoms then consult your doctor immediately. Because it’s very important to diagnose it in time. Don’t drink or eat any antacids, emetics or any pain killers because they may cause an irritated appendix to falling out.
Appendicitis can be removed by surgery. The name of the surgery is called as Appendectomy. It is the normal surgery treatment for about all cases of appendicitis.Usually, anaesthesia is given and removing the appendix by surgery.Normally one can return back to the thenormal condition in 15 – 20 days. And if the surgery can be done by laparoscopy, then the notch will remain smaller and it will recover faster and will take shorter time period to get well.
If you have only an abscess which has not broken, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics. Then that abscess will be drained using a tube. And if your appendix will have broken then you will go under a surgery of appendix.
If you will see such following symptoms after an appendectomy, then call your doctor immediately.
- If you will experience the pain is increasing rapidly in your abdominal part.
- If you will find pus in the wound part.
- If you feel the fever.
- If you will find blood drops in your urine or vomit.
- If your vomiting will not remain under control.
- If you will feel dizziness or distress.
There are no specific ways to prevent appendicitis. But yes, that seems less in people who are eating fibre rich foods like fresh vegetables and fruits. And some other ways to decrease the risk of getting appendicitis are noted below:-
- Try to eat whole wheat flour.
- Don’t take brown rice but take white rice.
- Add fresh fruits to your dessert.
- Add kidney beans, lentils, black beans and split peas to your salad.
This is a disease in the abdominal area and it occurs between the age 10 to 30. It is a severe and chronic disease. Usually, it has no specific prevention and you can take antibiotics if you have just started otherwise in most of the cases surgery of appendix is needed.